q1 check in
I just realized that I’m at 3 months since I started my “career break”. That’s a quarter. This seems like a good time for a check in and check up.
So this year off didn’t start off very “kerfree”. I ended up spending just under a month in Two Hills-both spending some time with Dad and then some time without Dad. Its hard to believe he’s gone from this earth and I think about him every single day.
So beyond that month, here’s a quick tally:
- Portland and Newport
- Parksville and the Spa
- Nathanial Rateliffe Concert
- 8 IMAX shows
- Midsummer Nights Dream
- a lot of movies
- CBC’s This is That at the Arden
- a ton of hikes all over the island
- joined the gym and got a trainer (who I sorta hate, but also sorta don’t hate)
- started bike riding
- Self Improvement
- Completing B School
- Read 10 books, fiction and non fiction
- Got life insurance and completed my will
- Got a vision board
- Got a new tattoo
- Went to a photo shoot (out of my comfort zone-read: insecure)
- Big Trip planned!
- Flights booked
- All tours booked
- General itinerary solidified
- Got the necessary needles
- travel for just about 4 months starting September 2
And a couple updates:
- Regarding the kettlebell post- yes I got up to 100 swings and it takes 5 minutes to complete. And my ass looks the same.
- My rug is still missing.
Next post: holding myself accountable in Q2.